Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Florida Tax Attorney
Tax problem? Call us Today
Free Consultation 386-490-9949
Tax attorney, cpa, former special agent fbi, 50 years tax experience

We apply your facts to the Six Options available in resolving IRS Matters

Meet Attorney Cutler
Don’t Deal With The IRS Alone

Let Our Knowledgeable Florida Tax Attorney, Experienced Certified Public Accountant & Former FBI Special Agent Help You.

Trusted Experience

We Have Successfully Dealt With Florida IRS Tax Issues For Over 50 Years.

Schedule A Free Consultation

Let Us Help You With
Your Tax Problem!

We can provide multiple options to resolve tax liability with the IRS.

The options range from paying the IRS tax liability in full to paying nothing at all

Meet Attorney Cutler

Florida Tax Attorney

CPA and Former FBI Agent Helping Individuals & Businesses

We solve state and federal tax problems here in Florida & nationwide

When you have a tax matter pending with the IRS or the state Department of Revenue, you need legal representation from an attorney who is knowledgeable and experienced in your particular legal issue. Ronald Cutler is a licensed attorney, Certified Public Accountant, and former Special Agent for the FBI who has been handling state and federal tax matters for over 50 years. Whatever issue you are dealing with, chances are that Ronald Cutler has dealt with it before and knows how to help you achieve a successful resolution of your tax problem. Contact our Florida tax attorneys today, we serve Daytona Beach, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa and Miami, we can help you.

Personal service from a qualified tax & IRS attorney who offers real, practical help

The IRS has many tools at its disposal when it believes you owe taxes, including garnishing your wages, levying your bank accounts, and placing liens on your valuable property. If you have an issue regarding a disputed or unfiled tax return, sales tax protest, payroll tax matter or any other tax problem, our office can help.

At Ronald Cutler, P.A., our clients receive personalized service throughout the course of their representation. When you call Ronald Cutler, P.A., you talk to someone who is personally involved in your case and is knowledgeable about the issues you are dealing with. Our Florida tax & IRS attorneys work diligently to solve your problem and obtain a successful result.

Florida Tax & IRS FAQs

For over 40 years, Ronald Cutler has been delving into tax matters and dealing with issues before the IRS, the Florida Department of Revenue, and in state and federal court, including the U.S. Tax Court. Below are answers to some of the questions most frequently asked by concerned taxpayers wishing to avoid trouble with the IRS or state government. If you have other questions, or if you have a pressing tax matter that needs immediate attention, call Ronald Cutler, P.A. at 386-490-9949 for a free consultation.

Q. What do I do if I made a mistake on my taxes, but I already filed my return?

A. It depends upon the error. If you made a mistake such as claiming the wrong filing status, entering the wrong income amount, or claiming the wrong number of deductions or credits, then you should most likely file a 1040X amended return. If you made a calculating error or forgot to attach a form or schedule that was required with your return, there may be ways to fix the problem without having to file a corrected return. Call Ronald Cutler, P.A. to discuss your particular problem. In addition to being an attorney who resolves tax problems with the government, Mr. Cutler is also a CPA who assists individuals and businesses in preparing their tax returns, including filing amended returns when needed.

Q. I’m divorced, and my divorce decree clearly states that my ex’s tax debt is solely his responsibility. However, we filed a joint return, and the IRS applied the entire refund against the debt. Is there anything I can do to get my share of the refund?

A. Possibly, if you qualify as what is known as an innocent spouse or injured spouse. We can review the many factors that must be considered to determine whether you are eligible for tax relief as an innocent spouse, and file the required form on your behalf.

Q. If I am currently participating in an installment agreement or payment plan with the IRS, will I still be able to get my tax refund?

A. In most situations, your current year refund will be applied to taxes you owe from a prior year, rather than distributed to you.

Q. The IRS seized property that I had an interest in and is trying to sell it to collect taxes owed by the prior owner. Can they do that?

A. If you are the owner of the property, or if your claim is superior to the other person’s claim, you may be able to get the property back by filing an administrative claim with the IRS for a wrongful levy. You might also be able to file a federal court lawsuit. In some cases, you can recover the property as well as any damages caused by the wrongful levy. You should act quickly in contacting an experienced tax attorney. There is a short timeframe to file a wrongful levy claim after the property has been seized.

Q. We run a charitable organization that is registered as a 501 (c)(3), and the IRS is claiming that the amount of compensation paid to the officers is unreasonable. How are they determining that?

A. The IRS is probably looking at all the different forms of compensation paid to the officers and the services that are being compensated, and deciding that the amount is more than what is ordinarily paid for similar services by similar organizations. If the IRS is claiming that profits from the charity are going to benefit corporate officers or shareholders instead of the organization’s charitable purpose, you can dispute that claim with the government.

Q. Does the Florida Department of Revenue offer a payment plan for past due sales tax payments?

A. If you can provide documentation that supports your argument than you are unable to pay your tax bill in full, you may be able to receive a stipulated time payment agreement. The Department of Revenue will want you to put at least 25% down and pay off the balance within a year. Ronald Cutler represents businesses in negotiating practical installment agreements, as well as representation in Florida sales tax protests and appeals. If you cannot pay your taxes on time, taking a proactive approach with the government can help avoid serious penalties or prosecution.

Call today for immediate assistance with Florida IRS or state tax problems

A tax issue is not a legal matter you want to put off. Tax problems have a way of compounding themselves; penalties and interest can accumulate over time, and the possibility of bank levies, wage garnishments, etc. grows exponentially. At Ronald Cutler, P.A., we are here to meet with you when you need us seven days a week, offering weekend appointments for those who are working during the week and cannot break away for a meeting with their attorney. Call 386-490-9949 for a free consultation regarding your tax matter, and get started getting the help you need for an effective resolution, let our Florida tax attorneys assist you.

Share This Page: