Fort Lauderdale Tax Return Preparation Attorney
Preparing your tax return is a complicated business. You must ensure you are complying with the IRS tax code, and even the smallest and most honest mistake may be viewed by the IRS as a violation of the law. You may also be eligible for certain exemptions and deductions but if you do not claim them, you could unnecessarily pay thousands of dollars. A Fort Lauderdale tax return preparation attorney will make sure you do not make any mistakes, that your return is in compliance with the tax code, and that you are shielded from as much tax debt as possible.
Tax Issues We Handle
When filing your tax return, the most important aspect is that it has been prepared in compliance with the many rules and regulations the IRS places on them. If you fail to do this, or do not file in a timely manner, the IRS can take many negative legal actions against you. These include garnishing your wage, levying your bank account, or placing a lien on your personal property. Our tax attorney can help with many different issues, including:
- Preparing your tax return either for yourself or your business
- File taxes for trusts and estates
- Issues pertaining to payroll taxes
- Issues involving taxes for the self-employed
- Tax analysis and planning
- Strategies to reduce the amount of taxes you pay
- Preparing taxes for previous years that have not yet been filed
- Assistance with state and local tax issues
Preparing to File Your Taxes
Many people know that businesses must keep all receipts that they want to deduct from their taxes, but individuals must do this, too. You should also gather any notices that you have received from the IRS, recently or in years past, before you file your taxes.
There are many illegitimate businesses out there that claim they can help you prepare to file your taxes. Unfortunately, these companies are often scams that are trying to take advantage of people. The strategies they use are also sometimes illegal. It is important to only work with an experienced tax lawyer, who will provide the help you need including:
- Advising of the tax forms you must complete under the law,
- Assist with collecting documents that support the claims and deductions you have made in your tax return,
- Legal advice pertaining to the deductions, allowances, and credits you qualify for to reduce the amount of tax you pay
- Ensuring your taxes are filed on time and that they are in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the IRS
The above are just a few ways in which the IRS can help you file a claim.
Call Our Tax Return Preparation Attorney in Fort Lauderdale Today
At Ronald Cutler, P.A., our Fort Lauderdale tax return preparation attorney can help with whatever tax issue you are facing and will give you the best chance of a successful outcome. Call us today at 386-490-9949 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation and to learn more.