Jacksonville Payroll Tax Attorney
As an employer, you have a legal duty to withhold the appropriate taxes from your worker’s paychecks and to follow any state or federal tax laws that apply. When you fail to do so, regardless of the reasons, you can face severe penalties. This includes potential civil liability and criminal charges. To protect yourself, get our Jacksonville payroll tax attorneys on your side.
As a licensed attorney, Certified Public Accountant, and former Special Agent for the FBI investigating tax cases with over 50 years of experience, Ronald Cutler, P.A. can help ensure your business complies with current payroll tax laws. In the event a problem does arise, we provide the trusted guidance and legal representation you need.
Preventing Payroll Tax Problems
Problems with payroll taxes are among the most commonly cited tax violations. Under Internal Revenue Service (IRS) guidelines, employers who have regular employees working for them must obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN) and assume responsibility for withholding, depositing, reporting, and paying payroll taxes. Even if you hire workers as independent contractors, there are still important obligations you face. Failure to comply with state and local tax laws could result in drastic penalties, impacting your business, your personal life, and your financial security.
As experienced Jacksonville payroll tax attorneys, the office of Ronald Cutler, P.A. provides the legal help you need. Steps we can take to protect you and your business include:
- Thoroughly reviewing how current payroll taxes are being handled;
- Going through prior-year tax returns to ensure there are no potential errors;
- Helping you better understand your payroll tax obligations under state and federal laws;
- Recommending current and future actions to protect yourself and your business by ensuring payroll tax compliance.
Protecting You Against Payroll Tax Penalties
There are heavy penalties imposed for IRS payroll tax violations. If you have received notices from state or federal authorities of payroll tax issues or suspect there is a problem, it is important to reach out immediately to our Jacksonville payroll tax attorney.
Payroll tax violations are a serious matter. Drawing on his decades of experience and his expertise in payroll tax matters, Ronald Cutler, P.A. can take the actions needed to protect you against the following:
- Heavy tax debts, which include penalty fees and interest, for past due payroll taxes;
- Collections actions, which may include seizure of both your personal income and business assets;
- Civil penalties, which include state or federal lawsuits resulting in fines and legal fees;
- Criminal penalties, which could involve charges of tax fraud or evasion, resulting in fines and a potential jail sentence.
Reach Out to Us Today for Help
When it comes to following tax laws that impact your business and protecting yourself against potential penalties, you need an experienced tax attorney on your side. For decades, clients in these types of cases have counted on Ronald Cutler, P.A. to provide the trusted guidance and professional legal representation they need. To request a consultation, call or contact our Jacksonville payroll tax attorneys online today.