Jacksonville US Tax Court Appearance Attorney
For taxpayers, filing problems and disputed tax debts are common issues. When dealing with these matters, it is important to understand the broad authority the IRS has in terms of tax enforcement efforts. At the same time, you do have certain rights as a taxpayer. As a licensed attorney, Certified Public Accountant, and former Special Agent for the FBI investigating tax cases with over 50 years of experience, Ronald Cutler, P.A. is here to ensure you are protected.
You have the right to appeal decisions made by the IRS in your case. This generally involves appearing in the US tax court. Our Jacksonville US tax court appearance attorneys provide the legal representation needed to get the best possible outcome in your case.
What Is the U.S. Tax Court?
The U.S. Tax Courts help to resolve important tax issues that arise between taxpayers and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). There are generally one or two places in each state in which tax trials can be held. In Florida, one of these is in Jacksonville.
In cases involving taxpayers, the U.S. Tax Court acts as an impartial third party. It does not represent the IRS but rather seeks to ensure that established tax rules and regulations are being followed. It is generally used in appealing decisions made by the IRS in regards to:
- Notice of deficiency: This is sent after an IRS audit, informing you of the outcome and any changes the IRS intends to make to your tax returns. As these changes could result in past-due tax debts and heavy penalties, you have the right to appeal their decision in the U.S. Tax Court.
- Notice of determination: This is sent once the IRS determines what collective actions will be taken, such as property liens and wage garnishment. Filing a notice of appeal in the U.S. Tax Court may be able to stop these actions.
As an experienced Jacksonville tax court attorney, Ronald Cutler, P.A. provides the trusted legal guidance you need in the above situations and in other disputes that are likely to arise with the IRS.
How Our Jacksonville Tax Court Attorneys Help You
When it comes to disputes involving the Internal Revenue Service, it is important to get legal guidance from someone thoroughly familiar with the U.S. tax code and tax court procedures. With his decades worth of experience, Jacksonville tax court attorney Ronald Cutler acts as a strong legal advocate on your side. Ways he can help in U.S. Tax Court cases include:
- Thoroughly reviewing the situation between you and the IRS;
- Determining what tax laws apply;
- Filing an appeal on your behalf;
- Gathering evidence needed in your case;
- Making compelling legal arguments before administrative judges to ensure the best possible outcome in your case.
Reach Out to Us for Help
When dealing with the IRS, Ronald Cutler, P.A. provides the legal protection you need. Call or contact our Jacksonville tax court attorneys online and request a free consultation today.