Miami Tax Return Preparation Attorney
Preparing tax returns can be a complicated process and often comes with a certain amount of stress, as even minor errors can result in a delayed refund or more intense scrutiny (in the form of an audit) from the IRS. To ensure that you don’t end up being unfairly sanctioned by the IRS or on the receiving end of a delayed or reduced refund, please contact an experienced Miami tax return preparation attorney who can walk you through the process of submitting an accurate tax return.
Tips for Preparing Your Tax Return
Properly filing a tax return requires a significant amount of information, so taxpayers who are beginning the tax preparation process should start collecting:
- Information about their income from employment, investments, alimony, businesses, pensions, rental property, and Social Security benefits;
- A record of child care costs, education expenses, charitable donations, home mortgage and investment expense-related interest, unreimbursed employee expenses, and medical and dental costs;
- Documentation related to state and local income, real estate, and personal property taxes that have already been paid; and
- Personal information, including the taxpayers’ addresses, Social Security Numbers (SSNs), and routing and account numbers.
All of this information will be used in calculating tax deductions and credits, as well as what a person can expect to collect in a refund. Unfortunately, even making a minor clerical error can cause significant problems for taxpayers, who could end up the subject of an audit or assessed a monetary fine.
Tax Services We Offer
Preparing a tax return is a complicated process that requires compliance with a host of important rules and regulations. Failing to comply with these rules can have serious consequences, including the placing of lints and levies on a person’s property, wage garnishment, and lengthy tax audits. In an effort to help our clients avoid these repercussions, our firm provides a wide range of tax-related services, including:
- Preparing tax returns for individuals and businesses;
- Filing taxes for trusts and estates;
- Payroll and self-employment tax services;
- Tax planning and analysis;
- Alternative minimum tax planning;
- Assistance with state and local taxes;
- Filing back taxes;
- Representing taxpayers in court;
- Resolving tax disputes; and
- Negotiating a payment agreement with the IRS.
In order to provide these services, our team may need access to extensive records, such as expense-related documentation, prior notices from the IRS, and documentation from previous tax years, all of which can be used to help us provide guidance to ensure that taxpayers:
- Complete the necessary tax return forms;
- Take advantage of the maximum amount of tax credits, deductions, and allowances for which they qualify; and
- Provide oversight to ensure that their taxes are filed according to IRS guidelines and in a timely manner.
To learn more about how an experienced tax attorney can help you with your own tax matter, please contact our office today.
Let Us Assist You in Preparing Your Own Tax Return
Call dedicated tax return preparation attorney Ronald Cutler, P.A. at 386-490-9949 for assistance with your own tax-related questions and concerns.